The Girl

My photo
I am a simple gal. With a beautiful dream, not knowing if all will come true. Many desires deep within my heart(hopefully I can blog about) not knowing where to go. But because I am a very outspoken & bold I think I managed to climb up certain stairs in my life, which brought light into my life... And now I am progressing =) Well I wouldn't really say simple as have been pampered since young. So ya... I only update my blog once in a blue moon, like a thriller story you know? Excited to know what is in the climax.. LOL... Anyway, hope you enjoy reading my blog! MUAAAAHHH!!!

22.10.09

Time To Kill

well am reading this book now, currently am in the 3rd chapter hope to finish it soon. it is about a father (nigga) fighting for his daughters justice. as the daughter was being raped by white people. the summary for the first 2 chapters are below.

Chapter 1

Before the reader meets Carl Lee Hailey and Jake Brigance, the rape scene is played out in horrific detail. Readers meet the little black girl whose rape will incite her father to cold-blooded murder and the white rapists who are just about to commit their final crime in this world. Two rednecks, Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, perch on Billy Ray's tailgate, drinking and smoking pot. They take turns raping a ten-year-old black girl. Cobb, who has done time in prison, profits from a lucrative narcotics business. Willard, older and less intelligent, pretty much "works for" Cobb, paid mostly in dope. The two white men picked up the little girl on a gravel road, walking with a bag of groceries. She is on the ground in a clearing, naked and tied with a rope.

Chapter 2

Ozzie Walls is the sheriff of Ford County, his birthplace, He was elected by a white majority and is proud of it because he is the only black sheriff in Mississippi. He is beloved and respected by the citizenry in general. Now he is investigating the Hailey rape case, and Billy Ray Cobb, with his mean streak, is his prime suspect. Ozzie sends his deputies out to find but not arrest Cobb. Walls and Deputy Hastings travel together to the hospital where Tonya Hailey is in surgery. Carl Lee and Gwen are in shock and non-responsive, so Gwen's brother explains that Tonya has been repeatedly raped. She has broken bones and a concussion. Gwen's brother suggests that the sheriff place the culprits, when apprehended, in a jail in another town, for their own safety.

well the book is kinda interesting as it talks about justice for black people, law, betrayal, and about a father's love. Hope to finish it soon so that i can move on to the next book given to me by nat for my b'day & still have not read it yet. it is on shakespeare's book of errors or something like that. i guess nat is gonna kill me for not reading it till now. he got it for me in march on my b'day. sorry nat couldn't find time...

LOLZ..




No comments: