The Girl

My photo
I am a simple gal. With a beautiful dream, not knowing if all will come true. Many desires deep within my heart(hopefully I can blog about) not knowing where to go. But because I am a very outspoken & bold I think I managed to climb up certain stairs in my life, which brought light into my life... And now I am progressing =) Well I wouldn't really say simple as have been pampered since young. So ya... I only update my blog once in a blue moon, like a thriller story you know? Excited to know what is in the climax.. LOL... Anyway, hope you enjoy reading my blog! MUAAAAHHH!!!

22.7.09

ECLIPSE...

today is suppose to be Eclipse in the morning ... so excited cause it was said that this is the longest eclipse ever in 500 yrs... hope to see something soon...
This is apparently also an unprecedented opportunity for observers in China to find out whether gravity fluctuates during an eclipse. This phenomenon was first observed in 1954. The July eclipse, at over five minutes, will be the longest total solar eclipse predicted for this century.
What's more, the event will occur when the sun is high in the sky; a time when any potential gravitational anomaly should be greatest.Solar eclipses have long been associated with calamity. And the media has some stories about this upcoming eclipse with efforts by scientists to dispel such notions.From an email from Channel U Promo:
This Wednesday 22 July 2009, a total eclipse of the Sun will be visible to some parts of the world, making it the longest total eclipse in the 21st century. The path of the moon’s umbra begins from India and crosses through Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar and China. After leaving mainland Asia, the path crosses Japan’s Ryukyu Islands and curves southeast through the Pacific Ocean where the maximum duration of totality reaches 6 min 39 sec.Seen from Singapore, only 10 to 20 per cent of the Sun will be obscured. However, audience will get to catch the sensational moment of total eclipse live on Ch U.From 8 - 11am on 22 July, Channel U will simulcast live with China Central Television (CCTV) which will present live telecasts from key China cities - Chengdu, Wuhan, Tongling and Hangzhou where the total eclipse will be seen at its most spectacular. A half-hour special highlights will be shown at 11.30pm on the same day.

No comments: